How about some Southern Chicken Casserole to get your taste buds going? The best part about this delicious, Easy meal is that it can be prepared in just about 45 min.
I don’t know about you…but after seeing this…I sure am hungry!
Here’s the easy step by step recipe.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 finely chopped small onion
- 1 finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 finely chopped celery rib,
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 ½ cups milk
- Sea Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 4 ounce jar finely chopped pimentos
- 1 sleeve Ritz crackers, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter in the oil. Add the onion, bell pepper and celery and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until softened, about 6 minutes. Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the milk and whisk until combined. Simmer until thickened, about 3 minutes. Season the mixture with salt, pepper and Tabasco. Remove from the heat and stir in the mayonnaise, chicken and pimentos.
- Transfer the chicken mixture to a 1 ½ -quart shallow baking dish. Scatter the crushed crackers on top. Bake for about 45 minutes, until the casserole is golden and bubbling. Let rest for 15 minutes before serving.
Prep time About 45 minutes Prep to Plate.