22 Things That Go Through a Mom’s Mind When Her Baby Wakes Up Crying
Nothing will make a new mother leap out of her slumber like hearing her baby cry. There’s sort of a sixth sense women develop that gives us the ability to shoot out of bed at the moment that first wail begins. If only we could slow down our thoughts every time we hear our child cry in the middle of the night.
Sound like you? Honey, you’re not alone. I’ve been there too, and I can recall many a time running into the nursery trying to get to my baby stat. In fact, there’s a good chance your mind probably goes into hyperdrive and it goes a little something like this:
1. OMG, my baby needs me! I have to get up and act — fast!
2. Wait, what time is it? I’m sooo sleepy, but my body was built for this. (I think … Nope, it was!)
3. Who’s turn is it to get the baby?
4. Crap, did I leave out the bottles and stuff?
5. Geez, how can my spouse/partner sleep through those cries?!
6. Too many thoughts, baby’s still crying. Mama’s coming!
7. What did I do with that darn nursing pillow?
8. I’m not moving fast enough!
9. Did I remember to lock the front door?
10. I’m here … and baby is still crying? Don’t take it personally, baby.