Summer vacation is coming to end for the kiddos and if you’ve been to Target or Walmart lately you’ll notice those school supplies are flying off the shelves. So, what are some money saving tips for back-to-school shopping? Read on!
- Shop at office supply stores like Staples and Office Depot. They have a huge selection of items in stock
- Leave the kids at home. Your kids are always excited to shop for new supplies, but sometimes they might persuade you to get items that are out of your budget. Do a solo trip to the store instead.
- Go generic. Buy that box of store-brand crayons instead of the name brand ones. Same goes for pencils, paper etc. You’ll be surprised at how much you end up saving.
- If you can, wait a week or two after school starts to buy supplies. You’ll find a lot of marked down back-to- school items then.
- Buy in bulk. Items like notebooks, flashcards, papers, pens, and pencils are always more affordable in bulk
- Buy used textbooks. This can save a TON of money!
This time of year can be stressful, but hopefully these tips will help relieve some of that stress. Happy back-to-school time! We hope your kids have a fantastic school year.