Voices for Children recruits, trains and supports volunteers to act as Court Appointed Special Advocates, or CASAs, for children in foster care. CASAs can change the trajectory of a foster child’s life.
They focus on an individual child’s needs, working one-on-one with a child or set of siblings. They use information they gather from various individuals on the child’s case and firsthand observations to advocate for the children’s best interests in Court, as well as in other aspects of their lives, such as education, health and living arrangements.
No experience is necessary! We provide all the training you’ll need, as well as a dedicated staff supervisor to partner with you on the case. With just 10-15 hours a month, you can make a difference in the life of a foster child!
Attend an upcoming volunteer information session to learn more:
• Thursday, May 4, 2017 from 6 to 7:30 p.m.
• Friday, May 12, 2017 from 12 to 1:30 p.m.
• Tuesday, May 23, 2017 from 6 to 7:30 p.m.
• Tuesday, June 6 from 6 to 7:30 p.m.
• Friday, June 16 from 12 to 1:30 p.m.
• Saturday, June 24 from 10 to 11:30 a.m.
NOTE: Information sessions will not be held at the Meadow Lark address. The exact location will be provided upon registration.