Once your child is ready to explore new foods and eat on their own, it’s fun to make healthy meals for them but sometimes it’s easy to run out of ideas. This veggie and cheese quesadilla made with a whole wheat flour tortilla will keep them interested and satisfied and it’s quick to prepare. Prep time is about 5 minutes, cooking time 8 minutes.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 whole wheat flour tortilla (9″)
- 1/2 cup chopped mixed veggies, boiled and drained
- 1/8 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet with canola oil cooking spray.
- Cover tortilla with veggies and cheese (edge to edge). Place in oven for about 8 minutes (or until cheese melts).
- Fold tortilla in half and cut into small triangles/squares or however your little one prefers it. Enjoy!
This toddler quesadilla recipe has the healthy nutrients your child needs plus it’s satisfying and fun to eat. You can mix and match with any of their favorite vegetables. Refrigerate any left overs and serve for dinner or lunch the next day.
Do you have other toddler recipe ideas? Please comment and share below!