– There are 82.5 million mothers in America.
– The number of divorced mothers is more than twice as large as it was in the 1960s, at 15% compared to 7% then.
– An average of 69% of mothers in the US are married now compared to 92% over five decades ago.
– 40% of American women with children under the age of 18 in the US are the primary breadwinners for their families. In 1960, the average was just 11%.
– More than 15% of American mothers have never been married, compared to less than 1% in the 1960s.
– Single mothers make up 83% of the single parent families in the US.
See!! It’s nice to know that us single moms aren’t alone in the struggle; We’re the new norm! (I’m also grateful that I’m not a single mom in 1960)!