- This event has passed.
Pet Loss Support Group (San Diego Campus)
March 21, 2015 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
Family, friends, and society don’t always understand how drastically the loss of a pet can affect us, and can find it difficult to support the grief we often feel. Our Pet Loss Support Group provides an environment where thoughts and emotions can be shared and feelings of grief are understood and validated. Our Pet Loss Support group is facilitated by a licensed, clinical social worker.
If you are:
- Feeling lost without your pet,
- Wondering what to tell your child about the loss of a pet,
- Finding that family and friends fail to understand or attempt to minimize your loss,
- Wondering if it is too soon to get another pet,
- Still grieving for a pet you had some time ago,
- Considering euthanasia,
Our Pet Loss Support Group may help. Losing your companion animal can be an extremely difficult and painful experience, and we offer a caring, compassionate understanding of your loss.
The Pet Loss Support Group is open to everyone ages 10 and up and is appropriate for those who have recently lost a pet, are still mourning an old loss, are anticipating the death of a pet, or are preparing for euthanasia.
- Reservations are encouraged but not required.
- Evening and weekend sessions are available.
- Please bring a picture of your pet to the session.
- There are no fees for the Pet Loss Support Group. General donations are appreciated.
The San Diego Humane Society’s Pet Loss Support Group provides an environment where thoughts and emotions can be shared with those in similar circumstances. Sessions are led by a licensed social worker and are open to those ages 10 and up, including pet parents who are considering or preparing for euthanasia. Sessions are usually an hour and a half in length.
There are no fees for the sessions; however donations to help with providing this valuable service are greatly appreciated.
Please bring pictures of your pet with you to the sessions.
Reservations are encouraged but not required and can be made on-line or by calling (619) 299-7012