Easy Dinner Ideas: Lamb Pita Burgers
Check out Easy 98.1′s new feature, Easy Dinner Ideas With Dawne Davis. And don’t forget to listen weekdays at 4:05pm and 5:05pm for more!
If you Love Lamb….you’ll love that this takes less than 30 minutes to pull together.
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cucumber, halved, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 pounds ground lamb
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (if cooking on a stovetop)
- 4 rounds pita bread, sliced into pockets and toasted
- Heat grill to medium-high. In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, cucumber, mint, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the lamb, shallot, garlic, thyme, ½ teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Form 4 patties about ¾ inch thick.
- Grill the patties until cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes per side. (Or heat the oil in a grill pan over medium heat and cook patties, 5 to 6 minutes per side.)
- Serve patties in the pita pockets with the cucumber relish.
Prep time About minutes.
See more at: http://www.easy981.com/easy-dinner-ideas