The older my kids get, the more dorky, uncool and older I feel. It seems like I’m always asking them, “What are you saying? What does that word even mean?” Today’s slang is so weird and ever changing; I’m constantly trying to keep up! With that said, I’ve compiled a list of some slang words that I’ve recently learned from my kiddos.
PS Don’t ever make the mistake and use these words in front of a real teen, they’ll Hundo P be V embarrassed by you!
- Turnt – Excitement, hype. It might also be used to describe someone who is intoxicated/high.
- Shade – (“threw shade” or “throwing shade”) Insult, dissing someone, leaving a person in the dark or overshadowing someone.
- Savage – Speaking your mind without a filter. “Acting savage” Doing whatever you want and not really caring about other’s opinions.
- Fire – Describes something that’s “hot” or describing something that is new and awesome.
- Salty – Describes someone who is angry or bitter, and usually at a specific person.
- Woke – Knowledgeable, aware, and “with it.”
- Thirsty – Desperate, impatient, or overly eager.
- V – Very
- Hundo P – 100%.
- Thot - Started out as an acronym for “That Ho Over There” but now it’s generally used as a synonym for “Hoe” or “Slut”